Bowen Island Map & Guide 2017
View the 2 pages of the Bowen Map 2017 – pdf of the 19×25″ annual Bowen Map & Guide.
“The Bowen Map & Guide” is a “must have” item to navigating on Bowen Island. This map guides the visitors on our mountainous and thickly forested island so this easy to obtain map gives them the confidence they need to explore Bowen.
Find it on the Bowen Ferry coming over or at the Marinas, The Snug, The General Store, and the Visitors Centre.
Bowen Island Trail Maps
Link to bowentrails.ca featuring the Rotary Club of Bowen Island Trials Map Guide. 11 local hiking trails featured online.
How to Get Here
• BC Ferries – BC Ferries runs an hourly service between Horseshoe Bay and Snug Cove, with a mid-day break. Drive on or leave your car in the Horseshoe Bay parking lot and walk on. You must purchase your ticket at the Horseshoe Bay terminal no later than 10 minutes before departure.
• Water Taxi – For night owls, Cormorant Water Taxi (see ad) offers a late-night water taxi service between Horseshoe Bay and Bowen Island. It also offers special event cruises. Private charters available. Also, see the Bowen Land and Sea Taxi, 604-250-TAXI or Sea: 604-484-8497
• Marinas – Boat owners can dock at two marinas in Snug Cove, including the full-service Union Steamship Company Marina or the Bowen Island Marina.
By Scooter. Rent a 49cc scooter from ZOOM ZOOM Bowen
• Be sure to pick up your “Bowen Island Trails Guide” with 13 great detailed hikes with easy to understand maps and descriptions. Available at the Visitors Centre in Snug Cove.
How to Get Around When You’re Here
• By foot. There are many walking trails within easy distance from the ferry or you can spend a pleasant day wandering around Snug Cove’s stores, beaches and parks. Enjoy a friendly shopping experience at Village Square just above the crossroads in Snug Cove and Artisan Square with its many galleries, shops and restaurants is a worth while walk up the hill.
• By bicycle. Just remember that there are lots of hills on Bowen. There’s also a fun and challenging mountain bike park at Killarney Lake that’s free.
• By bus: Translink offers two cross-island bus routes which are timed to coincide with the ferry’s arrival and departure. Catch the Bluewater bus in front of the Library to ride up to Artisan Square. The buses are timed with ferries.
• By car. Please remember that Bowen Island enjoys a slower pace of life.
• By kayak. Available for rent at the Bowen Island Marina.
• By golf cart. The Bowen Island Golf Club is a beautiful course overlooking Seymour Bay and Vancouver. Non-golfers can walk the forested trail around the course.
Bowen Map – Ad Rates 2018
Ad Deadline: March 30th, 2018.
Publication Date: April 15th, 2018
Distribution: Free to the mainland, BC Ferries, and locally
Available to all residence and visitors through The Tourism Bowen Visitors Centre, The General Store, Artisan Square, Bowen Marinas, Bowen Realtors and
B&Bs, Bowen/Sunshine Coast/Nanaimo Ferries, The Snug Cafe, and Mailout to all local households.
All ads include:
• Free Listing & Map Locator on your choice of main map or inset maps
• Ad placement of your choice on a first come, first serve basis
• Online Featured Listing on BowenFinder.com
Ad Rates Free Two-line Business Listing with every ad to be printed on the map.
Also includes free listing, display ad attachment & setup on the new online BowenFinder.com business directory.